The Tour de Monte Rosa
- Swiss Alpine Inn-to-Inn Hiking Tour
»VIEW FULL SLIDESHOW
One of the finest and most challenging long distance walks in the Alps is to make a circuit of Monte Rosa.
Lying in the Pennine Alps bordering Switzerland and Italy, the Monte Rosa Range is made up of seven summits over 4000 metres high, including the Dufourspitze, the second highest peak in the Alps.
Still a relatively new circuit, the Tour de Monte Rosa looks set to become one of Europe's classic long distance walks.
Travelling on ancient paths, through pine forests, meadows and hidden valleys, we keep as close as possible to the snow capped mountains with views to the peaks of the Matterhorn, the Weisshorn and the Dom.
A truly stunning trip which includes a night in the world famous alpine town of Zermatt.
With a minivan delivering our extra gear, a daypack will suffice to carry
our essential items for each day's hike.
By getting progressively stronger
each day of the trek, thanks to comfortable hotels and inns, good food
and plenty of exercise, you should come away with a renewed understanding
of why mountains are climbed and walked simply because they are there.
» VIEW DETAILED ITINERARY
» BOOK NOW
Dates and Prices 2014
Tour de Monte Rosa (8 days, 6 days of hiking)
August 3 - 10, 2014
August 17 - 24, 2014
August 31 - September 7, 2014
September 7 - 14, 2014
Price: CAD$ 3795
Single supplement: CAD$ 400
Group size: 3 - 7 guests
Accommodations are mostly three-star hotels, double rooms ensuite.
Meeting point is Saas-Grund, departure is from Zermatt.
Included in the price:
- Certified hiking guide
- International Mountain Guide for crossing the Theodul Glacier from Zermatt
- Rental gear (harness, helmets, crampons) for crossing the Theodulpass (only easy glacier walking!)
- Dedicated van and driver for luggage transfers and all local transport
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on hiking days
- All lifts and local transports
Not included in the price:
- Land Travel to Saas Grund
- Personal Expenses
- Travel and Cancellation Insurance
- Mandatory mountain rescue and evacuation insurance